Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Horse Drawn on the Wall - Art Idea Inspired by Edie Sedgwick’s 1965 Vogue Photo Layout




http://www.flickr.com/photos/17687415@N04/3438789907/
Source

I remember seeing this photo years ago in my university Lithography class. Someone had brought in a book on Edie Sedgwick and this photo was included. The original source for the photo was from Vogue Magazine in a 1965 article about "Youthquakers". The moment I saw this image made me want my own home so that I could draw on the wall too! Later I discovered that the drawing was actually on paper tacked to the wall, but in the black and white photo it looked as if it was drawn directly on the wall - which I think is a more interesting idea.

While I still don’t quite have the right wall to create a drawing so splendid, I have painted a mural inspired by Matisse's "The Goldfish” painting on the wall of one of my bathrooms. Inspiration for Art for your home can come from many places.

~Deborah Burns

PS, love the leather rhino that Edie is doing an arabesque on!

Please join me on Facebook for more at: Art, Homes & Style
See my pinboard collection on Pinterest!


1 comment:

  1. will you please tell me where you discovered Edie's horse drawing was made on paper, not directly on the wall?

    ReplyDelete